For a quick overview of our governance model see our Organizational Chart
You can click on the Commission/Committee to go directly to their page.
About the Executive
The Regional Council Executive does the continuing work of the Regional Council when the Regional Council is not meeting. (The Manual 2021 Section C.3). The primary role of the Executive is to develop and monitor policies that enable the Region to live out its mission.
Regional Council Policies
- Regional Council Policy This policy outlines the purpose / mission / vision of the Region, the authority and compliance, membership, responsibilities and annual meetings.
- Equity Policy This policy is the vision of Shining Waters for an affirming, accessible, inclusive region.
- Relationship with Canadian Shield Regional Council Policy This policy is the covenant between Canadian Shield Regional Council and Shining Waters
- Relationship with La Table des ministères en français and Shining Waters Regional Council This policy is the covenant between La Table des ministères en français and Shining Waters Regional Council.
- Regional Council Executive Policy This policy provides direction to the Executive, which continues the work of the Regional Council when the council is not meeting.
- Sub-Executive This policy outlines the composition and responsibilities of the sub-executive.
- Mission Policy This policy outlines the mission of the Region.
- Conflict of Interest This policy provides direction to members of the Executive and others appointed by the Executive on when to participate and when to refrain from participating in Executive discussion and decision-making.
- Communication This policy outlines the direction for communication in Shining Waters Region.
- Regional Fund This policy outlines the uses and restrictions of the Regional Fund.
- Right Relations and Indigenous Ministries Fund This policy recognizes that a new fund to support Right Relations and Indigenous Ministries was established and will receive funds in the future.
- Property Policy This policy outlines the responsibilities of the Regional Council Executive with respect to property matters and the role of the Communities of Faith Commission in working with the communities of faith regarding property matters.
- Property Management This policy outlines the property management arrangement with Toronto United Church Council (TUCC).
- Distribution of Proceeds from Sale of a Property This policy provides direction to the Executive for the disposition of property or cash received from the sale of property by a community of faith that has closed or disbanded.
- Remuneration Policy This policy provides guidance to the Executive with respect to remuneration for individuals providing services to communities of faith on behalf of / at the request of the region.
- Equity Committee Policy This policy outlines the mandate, purpose, authority, membership and responsibilities of the Equity Committee and the relationship with the Executive.
- Grants Review Committee Policy This policy outlines the purpose, accountability, authority and responsibilities of the Grants Review Committee and the relationship with the Executive. (Committee members listed below.)
- Mission Support Committee Policy This policy outlines the purpose, accountability, authority and responsibilities of the Mission Support Committee and the relationship with the Executive and available funds. (Committee members listed below)
- Nominations Committee Policy This policy outlines the purpose, accountability, authority, membership and responsibilities of the Nominations Committee and the relationship with the Executive.
Executive Minister Policies
- Budget Process This policy outlines the budget process to be followed by the Executive Minister.
- Correspondence This policy provides direction to the Executive Minister on what correspondence should be directed to the attention of the executive.
- Incorporated Ministries This policy names the executive’s expectations to be followed by the Executive Minister regarding incorporated ministries.
- Marriage Licenses This policy names the responsibility of the Executive Minister with respect to Marriage Licences
- Responsibilities and Accountability This policy outlines the responsibilities and accountability of the Executive Minister.
This is where the minutes of the Executive will be posted once they have been approved. Minutes will be archived here for 18 months and then removed. If you require access to regional minutes that are older than 18 months ago, please contact Rachael Howes at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Thank you.
2020 Executive Minutes [PDF | 40 pages} A compilation of the Executive Minutes from January 22, 2020 to December 10, 2020.
2019 Executive Minutes [PDF | 24 pages] A compilation of the Executive Minutes from June 20, 2019 to November 26, 2019.
Record of Proceedings
You can find Toronto Conference presbytery minutes on our Archived Record of Proceedings page, dating from 2009 to 2018. Please contact the The United Church of Canada Archives if you require access to older documents.
Mission Support Committee
- Deborah Hart
- Sarah Lough
- Ron Wigle
- Tom MacNeil
Grants Review Committee
- Peter Farwell
- Nicole Hwang
- Angus MacLennan
- Paul Rose
- John Joseph Mastandrea
- Bruce Chappell
- Dan Clark
Serves in: Shining Waters Regional Council and Canadian Shield Regional Council
Location: Teleworks and spends time in each region.
Role: Peter provides leadership, counsel, and support for the governance and administration in the Regional Councils.
Contact Peter about: Budget and Policy; Media and Public Statements; Regional Joys and Concerns; Workplace Discrimination, Harassment, and Violence.