Communities of Faith Commission
About the Communities of Faith Commission
The Communities of Faith Commission cares for communities of faith and provides resources for collegiality and support amongst communities of faith. It nurtures new ministries, and empowers and resources ministry in the Region. This includes supporting communities of faith in areas such as clusters, networks, visioning, amalgamation, disbanding, and property matters. The work may be carried out in a variety of ways, including by staff or liaisons appointed for a limited time period. The Commission sets policy and gives direction within their mandate.
- Communities of Faith Commission Policy. This policy outlines the authority, membership and responsibilities of the Communities of Faith Commission and the relationship with the Pastoral Relations Commission.
- Intentional Interim Ministry Committee Policy. This policy outlines the purpose, accountability, authority, membership and responsibilities of the Intentional Interim Ministry Committee and the relationship with the Communities of Faith Community. (Committee Members listed below.)
- Property Policy. This policy outlines the responsibilities of the Regional Council Executive and the Communities of Faith Commission with respect to property matters involving a community of faith.
- Service, Support and Oversight to Communities of Faith Policy. This policy outlines how service, support and oversight are provided to Communities of Faith as per The Manual 2022 Sections C.2.2. and C.2.3.
- Liaisons Policy. This policy outlines the role, accountability, and authority of Communities of Faith Liaisons
- Collaboration Agreements between Communities of Faith Sharing Staff. This policy outlines the process for two or more Communities of Faith to enter into an agreement to share staff.
- Review of a Community of Faith Policy. This policy outlines the appropriate action the regional council has an obligation to take under The Manual when there are concerns about a community of faith.
- Listening Team Guidelines
Communities of Faith Commission
- Amy Yea Kyong Lee
- Calin Lau
- Carolyn Harding
- Chris Bennett (Chair)
- Gloria Tozek
- Harry Ramsaran
- Kevin Logie
- Patti Rodgers
- Sandra Nottegar
- Tom MacNeil
- Eric Nyarko
Intentional Interim Ministry Committee
- Anne Hepburn
- Cynthia O’Connell
- Jim Keenan
- Sadekie Lyttle-Forbes
This is where final approved commission minutes will be posted for up to 12 months and then archived. If you require access to regional minutes that are older than 12 months ago, please see the archived minutes below or the Shining Waters Record of Proceedings. Please contact Rachael Howes at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need further assistance. Thank you.
2021 Communities of Faith Commission Minutes [PDF | 56 pages]
A compilation of Community of Faith Commission Minutes from February 17, 2021 to December 15, 2021.
2020 Communities of Faith Commission Minutes [PDF | 47 pages]
A compilation of Community of Faith Commission Minutes from January 22, 2020 to December 16, 2020.
2019 Communities of Faith Commission Minutes [PDF | 48 pages]
A compilation of Community of Faith Commission Minutes from January 29, 2019 to November 21, 2019.
Regional Staff Lead and Communities of Faith Minister
Phone: 416-231-7680 | 1-800-268-3781
Serves in: Shining Waters Regional Council
Location: Teleworks and works from the Guthrie Main Office
Role: Jody coordinates the support to communities of faith, including coordinating the work of regional staff.
Contact Jody about: Conflict Resolution; Community Ministries; Congregational Finance; Covenants; Governance; Grants; Property Renovation or Sale; Transitions – amalgamations, collaboration, closures.