A service has been created to capture the experience and focus of the inaugural gathering of the Shining Waters Regional Council. The possibility of Communities of Faith all over the Region sharing in the same prayers, readings, story time and songs feels like a delightful approach to begin to weave our hearts and minds together as we move more deeply into how we will collaborate and imagine new ways of being the church together. An outline for the service and the theme song are available on the Regional Meeting page.
- Voting: What Does Faith Have to Do with It? September 11, 2019This fall political candidates will seek your vote and offer a vision of how Canada could operate. People of faith can bring God’s vision of fullness of life for all our relations into the conversation, setting an agenda for the election campaign and the resulting government.
- Day School Settlement Agreement: Information for Survivors September 3, 2019On August 19, 2019, the Federal Court approved a nation-wide class settlement to compensate Day School survivors for harms suffered while attending Federal Indian Day Schools and Federal Day Schools.
- GC43 Record of Proceedings 2018 Now Online August 14, 2019The Record of Proceedings of the 43rd General Council 2018 is now available on United Church Commons.
- National Indigenous Spiritual Gathering Concludes August 12, 2019Indigenous members of The United Church of Canada attending the National Indigenous Spiritual Gathering reached a consensus to create a new national Indigenous spiritual organization and have elected a new council to lead it.
- "Our Act of Decolonizing:" Indigenous Spiritual Gathering August 2, 2019The National Indigenous Spiritual Gathering will take place August 8–11, 2019 on the territory of the Chippewas of Rama.