A service has been created to capture the experience and focus of the inaugural gathering of the Shining Waters Regional Council. The possibility of Communities of Faith all over the Region sharing in the same prayers, readings, story time and songs feels like a delightful approach to begin to weave our hearts and minds together as we move more deeply into how we will collaborate and imagine new ways of being the church together. An outline for the service and the theme song are available on the Regional Meeting page.
- Sad News for Climate Action and Indigenous Rights June 25, 2019The United Church is saddened by the failure to move Bill C-262, an important and hopeful piece of legislation, forward. We are saddened by the lack of coherence on climate action and the role of Indigenous peoples in decisions that affect us all.
- Essential Agreement Explained June 25, 2019The United Church of Canada reiterates that people entering ministry must be in essential agreement with the church’s doctrinal statements.
- Cyclone Idai: Three Months Later June 20, 2019United Church partners offer relief for the over three million people affected by the cyclone's devastation.
- 44th General Council is Alberta bound in 2021 June 13, 2019The 44th General Council will meet July 21‒25, 2021, in Calgary.
- Let This Be the Last Inquiry June 5, 2019Moderator Rev. Dr. Richard Bott and the Rev. Maggie Dieter respond to the final report of the National Inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls.