A service has been created to capture the experience and focus of the inaugural gathering of the Shining Waters Regional Council. The possibility of Communities of Faith all over the Region sharing in the same prayers, readings, story time and songs feels like a delightful approach to begin to weave our hearts and minds together as we move more deeply into how we will collaborate and imagine new ways of being the church together. An outline for the service and the theme song are available on the Regional Meeting page.
- Past General Council Decision Led to Korea Peace Appeal Commitment June 20, 2022The Korea Peace Appeal is an opportunity for the United Church to renew our commitment to partnership in God's mission in Korea.
- Mourning and Honouring Alberta Billy June 13, 2022Alberta Billy, the We Wai Kai Elder who demanded that The United Church of Canada apologize for its role in colonization and the loss of Indigenous languages, culture, and spirituality, has passed… continue reading
- Moderator’s Pentecost Message 2022 May 27, 2022In his Pentecost video message, Moderator Richard Bott reminds us that The United Church of Canada is part of the 2000-year community of Christ’s disciples.
- Moderator’s Message: That the Truth Will Not Be Forgotten May 24, 2022Over this past year First Nation, Inuit, and Métis leaders have again shouldered the burden of revealing the hard truths of our shared history.
- Calls for Urgent Action to Protect Palestinian Human Rights May 20, 2022The United Church of Canada has written two letters to the Honourable Melanie Joly, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Canada, urging Canada to work with like-minded countries to hold the government of… continue reading