A service has been created to capture the experience and focus of the inaugural gathering of the Shining Waters Regional Council. The possibility of Communities of Faith all over the Region sharing in the same prayers, readings, story time and songs feels like a delightful approach to begin to weave our hearts and minds together as we move more deeply into how we will collaborate and imagine new ways of being the church together. An outline for the service and the theme song are available on the Regional Meeting page.
- Moderator’s PIE Day Message 2024 March 1, 2024In her National Affirming/PIE Day message, Moderator Carmen Lansdowne encourages us all to look for ways to build relationships outside our communities of faith and truly show up in a public way in…
- ACT Alliance Shares UN Regional Report on Gaza February 14, 2024War in Gaza possibly “deadliest 100 days” of the 21st century according to report from UN regional commission.
- Peace in and for Ukraine: An Ecumenical Letter February 13, 2024Two years in, the war in Ukraine continues. A letter written by ecumenical leaders invites us to pray and continue actions for peace in Ukraine.
- International Development Week 2024 Round Up February 6, 2024A round up of the stories this week as the United Church celebrates International Development Week 2024.
- Rev. Dr. Loraine MacKenzie Shepherd Receives Provincial Award February 1, 2024United Church minister’s interfaith work will be recognized by Manitoba’s Lieutenant Governor in a ceremony on February 6