Together with Faith in the City the Shining Waters Regional Council endorsed the campaign led by the Urban Alliance on Race Relations called ‘United Against Islamophobia’ in support of the Ontario Bill 83 recognizing January 29th as a Day of Remembrance and Action on Islamophobia in Ontario. Find the full text of Bill 83, introduced March 19th, on the Legislative Assembly website.
United Church of Canada News
- Lenten Action for a Guaranteed Livable Income March 20, 2023On March 24-26, The United Church of Canada invites participation from across the country in Lenten actions calling for a guaranteed livable income to be established by the federal government.
- Türkiye and Syria Update March 17, 2023Thanks to the generosity of United Church of Canada donors, we have been able to raise over $182,000 to provide support to our partners who are supporting the people of northern Syria and Türkiye.
- Establishing an Autonomous National Indigenous Organization March 16, 2023The 44th General Council has authorized a remit on removing structural barriers so that the Indigenous Church can determine its place and structure within the United Church.
- 10 More Ways to Work Towards Anti-Racism March 15, 2023Ideas for marking the International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
- Moderator’s PIE Day Message 2023 March 2, 2023Moderator Carmen Lansdowne’s PIE Day message invites everyone to commit to taking another faithful step to embody the expansive love of God for Two Spirit or LGBTQIA+ people.