Together with Faith in the City the Shining Waters Regional Council endorsed the campaign led by the Urban Alliance on Race Relations called ‘United Against Islamophobia’ in support of the Ontario Bill 83 recognizing January 29th as a Day of Remembrance and Action on Islamophobia in Ontario. Find the full text of Bill 83, introduced March 19th, on the Legislative Assembly website.
- Voting: What Does Faith Have to Do with It? September 11, 2019This fall political candidates will seek your vote and offer a vision of how Canada could operate. People of faith can bring God’s vision of fullness of life for all our relations into the conversation, setting an agenda for the election campaign and the resulting government.
- Day School Settlement Agreement: Information for Survivors September 3, 2019On August 19, 2019, the Federal Court approved a nation-wide class settlement to compensate Day School survivors for harms suffered while attending Federal Indian Day Schools and Federal Day Schools.
- GC43 Record of Proceedings 2018 Now Online August 14, 2019The Record of Proceedings of the 43rd General Council 2018 is now available on United Church Commons.
- National Indigenous Spiritual Gathering Concludes August 12, 2019Indigenous members of The United Church of Canada attending the National Indigenous Spiritual Gathering reached a consensus to create a new national Indigenous spiritual organization and have elected a new council to lead it.
- "Our Act of Decolonizing:" Indigenous Spiritual Gathering August 2, 2019The National Indigenous Spiritual Gathering will take place August 8–11, 2019 on the territory of the Chippewas of Rama.