Together with Faith in the City the Shining Waters Regional Council endorsed the campaign led by the Urban Alliance on Race Relations called ‘United Against Islamophobia’ in support of the Ontario Bill 83 recognizing January 29th as a Day of Remembrance and Action on Islamophobia in Ontario. Find the full text of Bill 83, introduced March 19th, on the Legislative Assembly website.
- Companions in Mission appointed to Cuba May 7, 2019The United Church of Canada has appointed two Companions in Mission to Cuba in May 2019.
- Intercultural Ministries Survey Results May 3, 2019A recent survey gave United Church people an opportunity to express their experiences and attitudes toward our intercultural commitment.
- Sri Lanka Attacks: God, Hear Our Prayers April 23, 2019The United Church of Canada expresses outrage and sorrow at the attacks on people gathered for worship and celebration in Sri Lanka this weekend.
- Earth Day 2019: For the Love of All Creation April 18, 2019A diverse group of Canadian church leaders are speaking out for climate justice in a new ecumenical Earth Day video jointly produced by KAIROS, Canadian Council of Churches, and Citizens for Public Justice.
- Canadian Government Breaks Promise to Create an Effective Ombudsperson April 8, 2019The United Church of Canada expresses dismay over the government’s failure to appoint an independent ombudsperson with real powers to investigate human rights abuses perpetrated by Canadian companies overseas