- This event has passed.
M&P Committee Workshop: Please Talk to Me Nicely
April 27 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Surviving and thriving on your M&P Committee
This is an introductory workshop for new M&P committee members. In this workshop, we will:
- Review basic responsibilities and tasks of an M&P committee
- Explore resources available to help your committee carry out its responsibilities
- Help you to understand your most important obligations as an employer United Church policy and Ontario employment law)
- Learn and practice key communication strategies for creating healthy employee relationships
While the workshop will cover some key information that is essential knowledge for every M&P committee, the focus will be on communication skills building. You will hopefully come away from the workshop:
- With more confidence to do your work as an M&P member
- With some new learning and practices about how to foster healthy communication with your church’s employees, including your ministry personnel. These are also communication skills you can use in your workplace, your home, and other situations.
Where: Asbury and West United Church, 3180 Bathurst St., Toronto
When: Saturday morning, April 27, 2019 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Pre-registration is required. You may register up to three people from your M&P committee. Please register below. We ask that you please include the following:
- First and last names of participants
- Email addresses of participants (so we can notify you of any changes and provide follow up)
- Name of your community of faith
Registration deadline: April 12, 2019
Registration for this event is now closed. Thank you for your interest!