ChurchHub.ca is part of a significant shift in the life of our church and how we live out our call to ministry and discipleship. It is both a policy that was passed by General Council to be “regularized as the required process for ministry personnel and communities of faith to search for calls and appointments” and the support structure for communication between the denomination, ministry personnel, communities of faith and members who participate in regional and denominational ministry.
All Ministry Personnel and Pastoral Charge Communities of Faith have now received an invitation to join ChurchHub. If you or your community haven’t received your invitation, we may have an outdated email. Please email email@example.com with your updated information.
Watch these videos to learn more:
- ChurchHub First Login
- Community of Faith: How to Use ChurchHub
- Community of Faith: How to Find a New Minister
- Ministry Personnel: How to Use ChurchHub
- Ministry Personnel: How to Find a New Ministry
For more info, visit: United Church of Canada – ChurchHub
The Record of Call/Appointment Form is NOW ONLY AVAILABLE as an online filing through your community of faith Church Hub account.
The move to online forms will facilitate the following best practices:
- Automated denominational data base updating
- Fewer errors due to incorrect data entry or arithmetic errors
- Confirmation that the ministry personnel is eligible for call/appointment – the self-fill form will not function if the person has not been cleared for eligibility.
This online form is required for all calls, appointments (both regular and short term), as well re-appointments. For those communities of faith or ministry personnel needing to make re-appointments and have questions, please contact the Pastoral Relations Minister in your area (north of the 407 – Todd McDonald; south of the 407 – Dale Hildebrand). In order to use the form, both the community of faith and the ministry personnel will need to have Church Hub profiles.
Here is a handy document that goes through the basic step-by-step process for completing the call/appointment form on ChurchHub: PDF
Frequent United Church of Canada links for Communities of Faith
Governance and Admin
- Archives Guide for Congregations (PDF)
- Forms and Applications
- Church Hub
- Handbooks and Guidelines
- Office of Vocation
- The Manual 2019 (PDF)
- Trustees Handbook (2016 PDF)
- Congregational Finance Page
- Financial Handbook for Congregations (PDF 2017)
- Financial Resources Handbook Abbreviated Edition (PDF January 2019)
- Ministry and Personnel Committees Page
- Ministry and Personnel Committees Policy, Procedures, Practices (PDF January 2019)
- Resources for Ministry and Personnel Committees (PDF January 2019)
- Pastoral Relations: Community of Faith (PDF January 2019)
- Pastoral Relations: Additional Resources for the Community of Faith (PDF January 2019)
- Accessibility Audit (PDF)
Accessibility Guidelines (PDF March 2008)
- Cemetery Guide (PDF)
- Faithful Footprints provides ideas, tools and grants to help United Churches reduce their carbon pollution.
- Greening Sacred Spaces Faith & the Common Good