The work of the people in our communities of faith continues from week to week, Sunday by Sunday, and throughout the year. We hope the resources available below and the links listed here will assist your worshipping community.
Regional Prayer List
Each year, from the start of January until the end of December, your community of faith is invited into weekly prayer for one another, following an intentional community of faith prayer list which includes each church across Shining Waters Regional Council. You’re welcome to share this list with your church leaders, administrators and council, and others in your ministry areas, to include our wider community in your weekly prayers, bulletins, power points, newsletters, etc.
The Revised Common Lectionary – scripture readings for the coming week and table of readings for the current season.
The Text This Week – helpful essays and resources for study, reflection and liturgy pertaining to each week’s lectionary texts.
The United Church of Canada Worship Resources – weekly resources, upcoming special celebrations and liturgical dates, and featured seasonal themes.
The regional canvas labyrinth is available for borrowing. It is stored at the Shining Waters regional office in Toronto, 963 Pharmacy Avenue. Our canvas labyrinth is 40 x 40 feet when laid out on the floor and is intended for indoor use only. It is stored in 3 separate pieces, each in a canvas bag that are quite heavy. You may request to borrow the labyrinth by contacting Donna Rutz at email@example.com to check dates for availability and to arrange when it can be picked up and returned to the regional office.
Guidelines for use:
- Please keep the labyrinth as clean as possible.
- Sweep the floor before use and ensure that is is clean and dry before unfolding the labyrinth.
- Place the entrance in the spot where people can access it easily.
- Before and while you are unfolding the labyrinth, pay close attention as to how it is originally folded. You will need to put it away in the same manner in which it came to you. Please try to avoid as many wrinkles as possible when folding it up.
- Please walk the labyrinth in bare or sock feet, unless you need your shoes for accessibility or safety reasons. The community of faith may consider providing booties to cover shoes if needed.
- Only battery operated candles are permissible on the labyrinth.
- Sweep the labyrinth with a clean, dry broom before folding and returning to the bags.
Here are some helpful links for more information about labyrinths.
Ontario Labyrinth Community Directory – An alphabetized listing of labyrinth locations in Ontario.
Labyrinth Locator – A world-wide labyrinth locator.
Paxworks – Offers portable labyrinths and various supplies and services for purchase.
Regional Book Club Library
More information to come soon.