Nomination Form for GC44 Commissioner
Please see the position description for GC44 Commissioners (PDF | 2 pages – approved March 2021) for further details on what expectations will be required.
Applications to be a commissioner will be accepted between Thursday, May 20 and Thursday, May 27, 2021.
After a process of recruitment and discernment, the SWRC Nominations Committee will propose a slate of commissioners that will include:
• At least four ministry personnel, one of whom will be a first alternate in case no candidates for Moderator are nominated;
• At least four lay people, one of whom will be a first alternate in case no candidates for Moderator are nominated;
• At least four people intentionally selected to reflect diversity not otherwise reflected;
• At least one youth or young adult;
• Two spots will be held in anticipation of nominees for the position of Moderator; people who are discerning a call to this role will be encouraged to put their name forward as a commissioner; if no one is nominated, these positions will be filled by the first alternates;
• At least two or three additional alternates will be elected.
The regional council will vote on the slate of commissioners at a special meeting on Thursday, June 17, 2021 at 7 p.m.
Nominee’s may also submit their application by mail, postmarked no later than May 27 to:
Shining Waters Regional Council
59 Line 4 North,
Online Application Process:
Applications to be a commissioner will be accepted from Thursday, May 20 through Thursday, May 27, 2021.
If you do not have access to a computer and/or internet, please call Donna Rutz at 416-231-7680 or toll free 1-800-268-3781, ext 6145 and she will assist you to complete the initial application form.